After yesterdays test, I’ve made some modifications to the model and am quite pleased with the result. Rather than dealing with support material I’ve instead separated the pieces as independent parts, using snaps to bring them together. As you can see there is a lot of movement, and while it’s not exactly what I expected, it’s a good outcome that I’m going to keep pursuing. It reminds me of some of the work by Nervous System.
I have also made a simple frame to try and control the movement to be more like the facade of the Al Bahr Towers that originally inspired this experiment (read the first post here). It’s far from perfect, but definitely making steps in the right direction.
– Posted by James Novak