Are you new to 3D printing? Looking for a free complete guide to take your idea from concept through to sale? My friends at Pinshape have been working hard to put together the complete guide, full of the most up-to-date information, and I have been lucky enough to be involved in contributing to it. Just click here to read it. The chapters include:
- Design 3D Models People Want
- Choose the Best 3D Modeling Software
- Apply Design Principles for 3D Printing
- Prepare your File for 3D Printing
- Price your 3D Models
- Choose Where to Sell your 3D Models
- Use Marketing Tips to Sell your 3D Designs!
- Choose your 3D Design Hardware
This is a really great resource, so please share it around! If you’re looking for more specific tutorials, you can also check out some previous blog articles I’ve written for Pinshape including How to Repair STL Files and How to Modify STL Files: A Beginner’s Guide.
– Posted by James Novak
UPDATE 30/03/2016: With the sad news that Pinshape has closed down (read more here), you can now read my contribution to this guide in the PDF below. Sections include:
- Free 3D Design Software
- Free 3D Scanning Tools
- Free .stl File Checking Software
- 3D File Conversion Software